Monday, October 3, 2011

Our fun filled Summer!!!

What a Summer! It started with the busy month of June! The boys enjoyed some very fun art classes and a few outings with Daddy when we could.  We were able to get some family pictures done and take a quick trip to Seattle to go to Ivars and feed the Seagulls. It was such a fun day! We got to witness Jared jumping on a trampoline for the very first time! That was just pure awesomeness! We all loved every minute of it. Well almost all of us!  :) The boys enjoyed getting a chance to ride in the Camaro one last time before Daddy parked in the garage for 2 months.
    Jared worked non-stop the whole month until everything that need to be fixed on his new boat was fixed then off they went a month later than planned. It was nice for us to have him around for an extra month but still hard to say goodbye!
  I had the opportunity in June to run the Rock n Roll Half Marathon! Thanks to wonderful friends and family and a lot of training I was able to complete 13.1 miles in 2 hours 45 minutes. It felt so good to finish and to see loved ones at the end of the race! It was such a great accomplishment and I feel that I can check it off of my Bucket List.
  Next came July. We started out with a few fireworks on the 3rd of July since Jared had duty on the 4th. The kids enjoyed lighting sparklers and throwing pop its at each other.
On the 4th we had the pleasure of going to the Lintons for Dinner then sitting outside on our street watching our Neighbor Tyler light off the fireworks that were surprisingly purchased at Costco! (One of my favorite stores) It was a great show with only minor injuries and a modification of where the fireworks were lit. The kids had such a great time and enjoyed staying up late.
   Sadly we said goodbye to Jared for 2 months but just a few short days later we headed off on adventure of our own. We finally left on a Tuesday around 4pm. I was just happy to make it out the door. Still forgot a few things but was ready to go. Made it to North Bend and had dinner with Silly Papa (my Dad) his wife and her parents then we were off and surprisingly made it to Pendleton,Or. Stayed the night then headed for SLC in the morning. Made it about 10pm. Then left around 10:30 the next morning for Wyoming! We were all so happy to make it! We were all happy to get out of the Van!
   We had such a fun time with Grandma and Grandpa! The kids just loved being there and Grandma and Grandpa just loved having them! We stayed busy the whole time! The day after we got there we went to Oregon trail days in Scottsbluff, Nebraska and got to watch Grandma and Grandpa square dance.
  The kids had a great time being able to see Uncle Matt race in motor cross, plus to sit on his bike was pretty awesome.
  We had a lot of fun going to the Denver Zoo with Grandma and friends! We survived 96 degree heat for 5 hours looking at all the pretty awesome animals! Had a fun tie trying to find a hotel the one I booked didn't work out so we found a new one 20 miles away. The kids had fun in the ice hole they call a Swimming pool and just enjoyed playing with friends.
 Our next venture was 8 Girls and 2 boys taking a tour of Invesco Field now Sports Authority field at Mile high. I have to say it was a a lot of fun and learned a lot. You would of thought our tour guide had lived in Denver her whole life. She had lived there 2 months and was from Michigan. She did a outstanding job. The boys favorite part was been able to go down to the field.  Their Dad would have loved it!
    We enjoyed all getting together with the family and just enjoying the company.
Next we were headed back to Utah to see my side of the family.  The boys were just excited to be able to go swimming and My Aunt and Uncle's neighbors. I was excited to see my family and friends.
  The first day there we kept it pretty low key. Hung out and the boys got to go swimming. They had fun playing with my Aunt's waterproof camera. Adam and Ian went off the diving board, which surprised me.  We had fun hanging out with Great Grandma has the boys put it.
  On Tuesday (I think) we ventured out and did some shopping. I was amazed at how well my two boys and my 8 month old at the time did. They were great! Even when I took them to the best craft store ever. Hobby Lobby.  We even got to go to my favorite Restaurant Cafe Rio. I made the mistake of only getting the boys a kids quesadilla, they ended up eating my burrito. I had to order another one for me :) I am raising them well!
  My wonderfully Grandma watched my Children so my Aunt and I could just go out shopping! We had a great time and I spent way to much but totally worth it. The very first store we went to called Savers I found a wooden 3 drawer dresser for 10bucks! I was excited. I was going to attempt to re-finish my first dresser. We had fun shopping for new knobs and ideas of how to re-decorate it.  We also had fun trying to find cheap jeans to turn into cute skirts with ruffles and cheap dresses to turn into patterns. Plus we went back to Hobby Lobby and spent some more money!    The kids were awesome and I had so much fun and had tons of new ideas and projects to get started!
  On Thursday the kids and I met up with my dear friend Kristine and went up to Kennecott. The world's largest open pit copper mine. It was fun to see such big trucks and how it all works. The kids had fun playing together and being able to stand next to the Giant tire!  We later went back to Kristine's and  my dear friend Breanne from Cosmetology School came over with her 3 children.  Who I hadn't seen for 7 years. It was so much fun. It felt like back in college but talking now about kids and girl stuff. It was a blast and once all the kids warmed up with each other they had a blast. We couldn't get them to leave when it was time to go. Can't wait to get together again.
  Next is my sewing adventure I will blog about that later. But it was a blast and the boys love their new shorts and Emma loves her new clothes.
 Friday night my cousin Tyler and his wife Ashley came down to visit. We had a lot of fun BBQing and roasting marshmellows and making smores! The kids had fun going for one last night swim and just hanging out!
Saturday we ventured on up to Park City to see my sister Buffy! Ian was so excited that he picked out his outfit just so he could show her. He wore his orange Denver Broncos t-shirt his new Denver Bronco socks and his new Motorcycle shorts that I just made him. He was so happy he got to tell her all about his clothes. He makes me smile. We talked on the drive up how we were going to go on a ski lift and how cool it was and how it worked. I was quite nervous to be honest. I get pretty nervous when it comes to heights and my children. ( Fear of falling) I was so impressed and amazed at how awesome they all did. Ian was just excited to ride with Buffy all by himself. They chatted it up the whole time. Adam rode with my other sister Heidi and me and Emma. He was a little nervous at first but the scenery was gorgeous so we just kept him distracted.  One of the other riders pointed out a badger on the ground and the boys told us it was an American badger. Thanks to the show Wild Kratts.  So on the way back up they tried to spot it again. No luck. We had nice picnic then Heidi had to leave and the 5 of us went on the next Ski lift to the top of the mountain. It was incredible, breathtaking and gorgeous. Such a beautiful view from the top. Heavenly Father sure does love us. Such a beautiful creation. You looked one way and it reminded you of the mountains from the sound of music, look another you see a beautiful lake and look another and you see a nice looking town through the mountains. We had fun taking a ton pictures at the top. Adam even took a few (hundred) :) He did a great job! Adam had a great ride down with Buffy and Emma and Ian and I enjoyed a nice ride down together. Taking goofy pictures!
Next we headed up to the Olympic Park to see the Flying Aces, aerial jumpers who land in water. It was awesome! The boys loved it! Such talent they have. That was so much fun.
 When we got back to My Aunt and Uncle's she had made homemade pizza Yummy! Then we head to Iceberg's to get delicious and gigantic Milkshakes. HUGE!!! Is all I have to say!  A mini is what we orderd. 4 to be exact! 2 to many. They are the size of probably a large drink at Mcdonald's. So glad I didn't get a regular. I barely put a dent in mine. Thank goodness for freezer's.
Sunday arrived and off we went on our way back home. Had such an amazing trip! Everywhere we went was lots of fun and it was so great to see everyone.
I managed to leave Utah at 10:30am and get all the way Home at 1:15am. I called my dear sister Elizabeth and she had the privelege of talk to me on the phone from 11pm until I pulled in the driveway. THANK YOU!!! I couldn't have made it home with out her.
 I didn't know how well we all would do on this trip but I have to say how happy I am with how well all 3 of my kids traveled. They were amazing in the car! They had fun and that made it all worth it. I love my kids and I am grateful they got to see family who live far away from us. Can't wait to do again but with their Dad next time :)
 Our Next excitement was my Best friend in the whole world was coming Home for 2 weeks. It was so great to see her. The kids were so happy to see her kids. They had lots of fun playing together. Nicole and I even got a girls night. We were dissappointed when the mall closed at 9 and we weren't even close to done shopping. The kids had a great time at Auntie Elizbeth and Uncle Ben's house. We got to enjoy a pedicure together and just enjoyed visitng together.
Unfortunately while she was home my kids got the stomach flu and lasted the whole last week she was here. But I managed to get a lot done outside. Weed wacked the hill pressure washed the deck,driveway, part of the fence, kids toys and the front entry way and sidewalk. The boys loved helping and especially helping was the car. Pressure washing can be very rewarding job but hurts the hand after a while.
  We had a great time going to the Kitsap County fair this year. My little sister Hannah and her Dad Bob met us there. We enjoyed fair food, looking at animals, getting our traditional photo button, riding rides and my favorite watching the boys and Hannah get their face painted. They all turned out awesome. Adam was Spiderman, according to Ian he was Tiger man and Hannah had a shark on her face looking like it was biting her eye. We left the fair with fair scones in hand and made our way back to the van. It was a lot of fun.
  Well that was the last of the summer I know this entry is long but that is what happens when you wait until October to finish the post. Enjoy all the pictures, there will be lots. Next Adam and Ian's first day of school. Enjoy! Love to all who reads!
















  






















  

No comments: